Thursday, May 28, 2009
Beautiful Trees and Barbwire
I don't have much time, but I wanted to let everyone know that Danny and I made it safe to Nairobi, Kenya! The trip over here was crazy! We experienced a day without night, saw the sunset over Greenland, rise over England. I looked out from the plane and saw the mountains of Germany and the Saharah Desert. We've been in and out of UN offices all day and even know I can hear the Muslim call for prayer out the window. It's so beautiful. The sights and sounds and tastes and touches are so many and all at once. We were walking down a road for a while this morning and I saw some of the most beautiful trees, yet they were all in gated houses with barbwire on the walls. It's crazy! I've got to go, but I wanted to give a quick update. I'll write again soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment